Back to website


tyre size help

Environmental Policy

Environmental Management Policy

Yokohama commitment towards the environment is of extreme importance within its operations. The company recognises and accepts its responsibility towards ensuring the environment is maintained throughout its operations.

We aim to be a top level contributor to environmental protection, and assert world class strengths in technologies for protecting the environment. This includes identifying aspects and impacts involved with:

  • controlling/monitoring hazardous substances
  • controlling by-products of work (e.g. noise, dust, site run-off etc)
  • risk management/identification
  • waste minimisation
  • recycling of materials
  • sustaining the surrounding environment

Top management will set objectives and targets to improve environmental performance, and will regularly review progress towards achievement of those objectives. The Company is also committed to achieving other environmental goals, such as those which may be set from time to time by Yokohama Rubber Company.

Resources commensurate with the company’s emphasis towards environmental management have been made ensuring that the environment is appropriately addressed on all projects.  This includes understanding and implementing all relevant environmental legislation (both federal and local), codes of practice and standards.

Senior management will demonstrate through policy development and management reviews that environmental management receives priority attention on a continual basis.

All employees and sub-contractors will be expected to demonstrate a willingness to embrace the concept of environmental management within projects/premises.  Employees and sub-contractors’ personnel will be required to work in a way that will not harm the surrounding environment as well as discouraging others from doing so.

Education and training of all employees on environmental issues is considered to be a natural course of employment and all employees will be encouraged to embrace this concept.

All employees will be informed of this policy that will be documented, maintained and regularly reviewed to ensure that it remains relevant to Yokohama organisational processes.  This policy is to be displayed in the office, and in designated public areas when appropriate to ensure that it is available to all interested people.

This policy is but an outline of the commitment, which this company places upon environmental management within the workplace, but commitment from all concerned is necessary if the environments of Yokohama sites are to be sustained.

Tyre Stewardship Australia and Yokohama Tyre Australia  

Tyre Stewardship Australia (TSA) was formed to implement the national Tyre Product Stewardship Scheme (TPSS) to promote the development of viable markets for end-of-life tyres.

The Tyre Product Stewardship Scheme (Scheme) provides an ACCC authorised industry framework to effectively reduce the environmental, health and safety impacts of EOLT.

The Scheme is committed to transforming tyre waste into useful products, creating new industries and employment opportunities whilst also reducing the environmental harm caused by illegal dumping.

Each year Australia produces over 56 million EOLT tyres, 72% is recycled whilst the remaining 28% still end up in landfill, buried or stockpiled.

To date TSA through its National Market Development program has committed over $6M to projects that aim to increase the consumption of used tyres within Australia.  In addition, TSA’s accreditation and compliance program currently has 1,700 participants who have committed to meet the Scheme guidelines, ensuring that used tyres are managed in a sustainable manner.

Yokohama Tyre Australia has been involved with TSA since its conception in 2013 and is committed to working together to achieve the objective of ensuring used tyres do not cause environmental or social harm through the productive use of EOLT. 

Tyre Stewardship Logo




Yokohama Tyre Australia is proud to be a Member of Tyre Stewardship Australia.

For more information please click on this link